Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fall News 2011

OPEN SEAT
Tuesday, December 6th, cost is $197.50 to join a very nice gentleman and swing for some hatchery steel. Who wants to join?


Hi Everyone!

Winter steelhead season 2011 has begun! We are looking forward to another great year, but before I get into that I want to thank each and every person who fished with us last season. Some great fish were caught, lots was learned by myself, Chad, and hopefully all of you, and lots of fun was had. We truly appreciate all of you who joined us on guided trips, casting lessons, and classes over the past year, it was great getting to know a lot of new friends.

Now to the news.

I am happy to say that over the summer I joined up with the Gig Harbor Fly Shop (http://www.gigharborflyshop.com/). When I am not guiding I can be found in the shop, Wednesday through Saturday most weeks. If you are ever in the area please stop and say hi. Through doing this I have been able to keep growing PNW Spey and add some more opportunities to the list. I now offer:

-Guided half and full day trips on the beaches of Puget Sound for Sea Run Cutthroat Trout year-round.

-Spey and single hand casting instruction in the South Sound (Tacoma) area.

-Summer Steelhead trips on the Peninsula (August and September rocked this year)


-Summer/Fall Steelhead trips on the Grande Ronde (October)
-And even more in the works for 2012!


I am hoping and planning on securing a permit to guide the Queets river in Olympic National Park for 2012. When in shape the Queets provides amazing fishing for wild steelhead with limited angling pressure. It is a favorite of mine and I am very excited about this opportunity.

Last year, the stretch from Thanksgiving until Christmas provided great opportunities for hatchery steelhead as well as a few wild fish in the mix. We had some wonderful days on the river without the crowds of March.

The end of January and early February is my favorite time of the year for wild steelhead on the OP. A lot of the crowds havent shown up and some very large fish are caught during this period.

Opportunities to catch steelhead will be present on the OP from now until the end of April.



If anyone has any questions or would like to get some dates on the books please let me know. Happy Holidays and I hope to see you all in the coming year!



-Zack Williams

PNW Spey Guides
zack@pnwspey.com
(616) 540-3836
http://www.pnwspey.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment